Have questions about the CSCS Health and Safety test? Here is a list of some of the most common questions we get asked daily. If your questions are not listed below, please leave them in the comments section and we will add them here.
How much does the CSCS test cost?
- At present (2020), the CSCS test costs £21. You will have to pay separately for the card itself, that’s another £36.
Is the CSCS test easy?
- No, it’s not as easy and straight forward as some people might lead you to believe. You have to put in the time to practice and revise, it’s the only way to ensure you pass first time.
What is the Operatives CSCS test pass mark?
- At present (2020), the Operatives CSCS test pass mark is 45 out of 50.
What is the Supervisor CSCS test pass mark?
- At present (2020), the Supervisor CSCS test pass mark is 45 out of 50.
Where can I take the CSCS test?
- The test can only be taken at an approved test centre.
How long does the test last?
- You have a maximum of 45 minutes to complete the test.
Can I take the test on paper instead of a computer?
- No, the test can only be done on a computer, you do have the option to use the touchscreen or a mouse if you prefer.
Is the CSCS test common sense?
- No, some people will try to convince you that the test is common sense – it’s not. There are some fairly easy questions, but there are lots of difficult questions as well. Just ensure you practice and revise and you will pass.
What do I need to revise for the CSCS Operatives test?
- You should focus your CSCS test revision on section A to D of the official CSCS test questions and answers handbook. Pay close attention to the fire safety questions, the data from our mock tests show that this is where most people struggle.
Do you have any tips for passing the CSCS test?
- Yes, the main tips are to ensure you revise and practice. Also, make sure you read each question carefully, 45 minutes should be enough time for you to complete the test and go over it once more before submitting your answers.
Where can I take a CSCS mock test for supervisor?
- We currently only provide CSCS mock tests for Operatives, but if you require a supervisor mock test, we would recommend this CSCS mock test for supervisors.
Which CSCS card do I need?
- The CSCS card you need depends on the job you’re doing. You can check here to see which card is required for your job title.
Which CSCS test do I need to take?
- The CSCS test you need to take depends on the job you’re doing. You can check here to see which test is required for your job title.
Do I need to take the CSCS Green card course?
- For most people, Yes. At least a Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment certificate is required before you can get a Green CSCS card. The course is very straightforward, and most importantly – it can be done online. You can find out more about the CSCS Green card course and its requirements at https://mttraining.co.uk/product/cscs-online/
How many questions do I have to answer?
- The Health Safety and Environment test for Operatives consists of 50 multiple choice questions, you’ll need to answer 38 core knowledge questions and 12 behavioural case study questions (the pass mark is 45 out of 50).
Can I take the CSCS test online?
- No, you will need to visit an approved test centre.
Where can I book my CSCS test?
- You can book you test by calling 0344 9944 777, or you can book it through this website.
Where can I practice for the behavioural case study questions?
- The behavioural case study questions are not published, you can see an example of what the questions will look like here (these are not actual questions from the test, just an example of the format).
How much does the CSCS card cost?
- The actual card costs £36, this does not include the HS&E test – that’s a separate £21.